You can browse the available treatments for ear mites by going here.
There are several ear mite products on the market; however there are only a few that have be studied and tested to work. We suggest you use something that is natural and non toxic. You have choices and we have described them below. We suggest you always take the natural route when getting rid of ear mites, but beware, not all of them work.
It is not necessary to bring your pet to a vet when you want to buy ear mite products. The article below should help you make your decision as to how to treat your pet for ear mites before you buy.
Common types of products used for ear mites
Ear mites, an annoying external parasite of pets cause infection of the ear canal and ear drum. Ear mites are not confined to ears as the name suggest, it spread to other body parts. The ear mites are treated by flushing the ear debris and mites using insecticide as in fleas. It may be less stressful to eliminate ear mites with natural treatments like:
- Antiseptic tea rinse: Green tea is a natural antiseptic. It can be used to flush out all the ear debris from the ear canal.
- Oil treatments: oil soothes the ear and suffocates all the mites as well.
- Non Toxic products: such as Mitactin for ear mites
Veterinarians prescribe topical antibiotics for pets to treat minor cut, scratches due to mild allergies and inflammation that comes in a variety of forms including sprays, ointments, lotions etc. Common typical antibiotics are:
- Panalog cream is topical antibiotics to treat ear and skin infections.
- Ointments such as bacitracin, neomycin, polymyxin B and mycitracin are safe but your dog’s wound should be monitored daily for swelling and redness.