PetsBestRx has a complete line of pet skincare products and pet supplies for any budget. PetsBestRx is committed to developing top of the range skin care products for your pets. We are dedicated to helping you and your pets defeat sickness and maintain a long, ecstatic and healthy relationship. In some young puppies this does not occur and the mites cause inflammation, scaly inflamed skin and alopecia. Demodex mange is a skin complaint in dogs that’s due to them having a reaction to small parasitic mites. Does your dog suffer from mange? Read on and discover a home remedy for dog mange. The standard test is to take a skin ditching and putting it under the microscope. Signs of mange Knowing the symptoms is crucial because even the vet will have trouble certainly identifying mange.
Sadly only about twenty percent of the mites are on the surface of the skin meaning there’s an eight out of ten likelihood that the ditching will not show any mites. Often mange first shows itself as baldness especially on the belly, haunches, ears and face. Mange is due to miniscule mites that may continually bite your dog. Till you know which version of Mange your dog has it is critical to keep him isolated from the remainder of the family. When the affected dog has Mange the living mites can lay twenty to thirty eggs.
These eggs can hatch anywhere between eight to seventeen days. Sarcoptic is another sort of mange which is a little more major, but particularly treatable if diagnosed in time. So plenty of caution should be used when dealing with and handling a dog which has been diagnosed as having this sort of mange. The dog will have wild itching and patchy baldness. He will most probably prescribe Ivermectin, which is given in 2 doses ( 2 weeks apart ). Vet intervention will be required.
What is cat dander?
Cat dander is one of the most common problems affecting cat owners and can make your life really miserable. If you’re one of the unlucky pet owners who have an allergy to cat dander, then good news, you may not have to give up your pet.
Cat dander are microscopic pieces of cat skin shed by your pet and propagated all over your home. It is sometimes wrongly diagnosed as cat dandruff.
If you are allergic to cat dander, here are some ways to minimise your problem:
1) Don’t let your kitty with cat dander into the bedroom or onto your bed. I know this is tough especially for those who share the bed with the cat, but the close proximity of your body to the bedsheet and pillow means that you’ll be inhaling cat dander whenever you lie on the bed. Try to train your kitty to recognise your bedroom as out of bounds and you should see some improvement.
Also clean your bedsheets, pillow cases and blankets with hot water as often as you can to eliminate cat dander.
2) Does your house have carpets? You may want to remove them as cat dander stick on to them and bacteria breeds easily there. If that isn’t possible, vacuum your carpets whenever possible.
3) Do you own fabric sofas too? The cloth of the sofa act as a breeding ground for cat dander. Change them with leather sofa sets or clean the fabric regularly.
4) Next you need to check your curtains. If you own the heavy fabric ones, cat dander might stick to them easily. You might want to change them to another material or alternatives like blinds.
5) As cat dander spread by the air due to their tiny size, you have to consider cleaning the air too. It would be a good idea to purchase a good air purifier.
Learn more about cat dander
These 5 basic strategies are a good start though by no way are they the only solutions. More information on cat dander can be found here.
I wanted to share a personal success story of my own with our readers. I am the proud owner of a ruby king charles cavalier spaniel, Nuggles. She has been my canine companion and a great source of laughter and amusement for 6 years now. Recently she developed an allergy to some plant pollens outside. Her underside and rear end gets itchy and she would scratch and lick until I couldn’t take it anymore. She began keeping me up at night with the constant sound of licking and scratching.
I brought home a bottle of our Pets Healing & Protection spray. After she comes in from outside I give a quick spritz to her under side and the problem has since then, ceased to exist. It’s anti-fungal properties helps eliminate the allergins and also keeps her skin from itching. She’s not scratching and licking the way she was and actually sleeps through the night now.
It’s wonderful to have something handy to give her relief. It hurts my heart to think she is in discomfort and I can’t help. Anti-allergy medicines for dogs are quite costly and I was told, aren’t even guaranteed to provide relief. I hope this helps some other pet lover’s find a solution to their pet skin problems. I’m told by customers this spray works wonders for pets with dry, flaky skin. It’s also wonderful for preventing infections on cuts and scrapes that active, busy pets might get while playing too hard.